- Improve internal system policy & procedures
- Work towards ISO 9000 conformance and process within each Business Units.
- To carry out SCM Department managerial tasks in the most effective way, cost-effective manner, timely manner in order to achieve pre-defined objectives covering mainly the lead time, handling costs and the quality of work.
- Ensure that all purchase requisitions have been checked for accuracy whereby technically and commercially acceptable prior to procuring.
- Prepare a departmental budget and ensure that procurement activity is managed within cost budgets.
- Assist COO in periodic negotiations on long term purchase contracts including price and delivery terms, and monitor supplier performance on product quality, reliability, timeliness and price.
- Periodically review and evaluate relationships with existing suppliers and vendors to re-negotiate contracts, strengthen or discontinue business. Review and renew the contracts on due dates.
- Periodically monitor and review inventory movement to plan procurement and distribution of stock to warehousing/stock points in different locations, in order to optimize freight costs/ duties and maintain a strong supply chain.
- Follow up with the suppliers to ensure adherence to quality, quantity and delivery schedules. Ensure deliveries are as per purchase order and co-ordinate claims (including insurance) in case of damage or short shipment of material.
- Sort out any problems and deal with any emergency situations that may arise in day-to-day functioning of the purchase function. Co-ordinate with the Accounts department for the settlement of suppliers' claims as per the terms of the contract.
- Ensure that all departments adhere to purchase procedures(ISO) while asking for the services of the department.
- Ensure effective management of stores/warehouses in terms of space utilization, layout, protection and safety of material (including insurance) and smoothness of operations. Provide functional support to overseas branches on this subject.
- Ensure proper receipt, inspection, storage and issuance of material against approved documents and in compliance with laid down procedures.
- Highlight slow moving stock and coordinate with all stake holders for resolution
- Direct and manage the performance of all departmental staff.
- Ensure that departmental processes are in tune with best practices and automation tools are available to enhance efficiencies and improve controls.
- To coordinate with Management Representative (MR) for ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System activities.
- Any additional responsibilities given by Management.
- Demonstrated leadership and team skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication skills (written and oral)
- Results orientation
- Multifunctional skill base (financial, operations as well as marketing)
- Persuasiveness and tenacity to sell ideas
- High level of initiative and assertiveness
Note: Some employers may post fake jobs to scam Jobseekers. Once you apply, they may ask you to send application or processing fees. We have previously reported such Employers to FIA. We need your help in pointing out such Employers by reporting us.”
An absolutely free service by MediaLinkers Pvt. Ltd. Pak Positions is the fastest, easiest and most cost-effective way to find jobs in Pakistan or recruitment. With zero spam tolerance, Pak Positions will never ask unnecessary information, display distracting banners and share your information with any marketing agent. Its all absolutely free.